About Makaton & The Makaton Charity
Makaton uses signs, symbols and speech to help people develop communication and literacy skills. Through the use of Makaton, children and adults can interact with others, be included in everyday life, take part in education, access information and services and fulfil their potential.
The Makaton Charity's aim is to ensure that everyone living with learning and/or communication disabilities has the tools and resources they need to communicate.
The Makaton Charity...
- provides training to parents, carers, and professionals;
- develops and produces printed and electronic resources;
- works with others to make their information accessible;
- provides advice and support to families and professionals;
- works in partnership to influence society and empower people.